November 15, 2011
Four Engineers and a Broken Car
There are four engineers travelling in a car; a mechanical engineer, a chemical engineer, an electrical engineer and a computer engineer. The car breaks down. “Sounds to me as if the pistons have seized. We’ll have to strip down the engine before we can get the car working again”, says the mechanical engineer. “Well”, says the chemical engineer, “it sounded to me as if the fuel might be contaminated. I think we should clear out the fuel system.” “I thought it might be an grounding problem”, says the electrical engineer, “or maybe a faulty plug lead.” They all turn to the computer engineer who has said nothing and say: “Well, what do you think?” “Ummm – perhaps if we all get out of the car and get back in again?”
Source : google
November 11, 2011
Objective: Web Application optimization without code changes.
Strategy: Read all the references below and apply them in test lab. After clear understanding of domain, have access to Client machine and apply this checklist on client machine. Make sure to have backup strategy for client environment.
1. Log only essential information or completely disable IIS logging
2. Disable IIS ASP debugging in production environments
3. Tune the value of the ASP Threads Per Processor Limit property
4. Tune the value of the ASP Queue Length property
5. Tune the MaxPoolThreads registry entry
6. Disable WCF services tracing
7. Configure ASP.NET MaxConcurrentRequests for IIS 7.0 Integrated mode
8. Enable IIS HTTP compression
For point 1-8 see below reference)
(Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee377050(v=bts.10).aspx )
9. Configuring HTTP Compression in IIS 7
(Reference: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771003(WS.10).aspx )
10. Configuring Output Caching in IIS 7
(Reference: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732475(WS.10).aspx )
11. Follow this link:
12. For web Pages add following tag.
13. Optimizing WCF Web Service Performance
14. Few tips related to ASP .Net
15. Few tips related to ASP .Net
16. For better performance, you should remove any HTTP Modules that you are not using.
17. Performance Tuning for Active Directory Servers (Important)
[In this white paper, read Active Directory section.]
18. AD performance Tuning