Topic: To Analyze Licensing needs for PCMS- Pegasus Cargo Management System
By: Shahzad Sarwar
Dated: 19th July 2010
Pegasus Cargo Management System-PCMS:
Pegasus Cargo Management System is one of the FIRST software in the cargo industry, which is totally integrated with accounts. Designed by experts from cargo and software industry it provides one stop solution for data entry and decision support. The implementation of detailed function level checks ensures reliability & date integrity of system. The embedded security through appropriate Access Controls allows complete control of user access and data manipulation. PCMS provides detailed and extensive MIS reports helping the management to take informed decisions.
• PCMS-Pegasus Cargo Management System needs .Net framework 3.5 runtime and SQL server on a Windows Machine.
• Microsoft .Net 3.5 runtime is shipped free on all latest windows version. If not available , it can be installed by downloading from Microsoft site for free.
• PCMS-Pegasus Cargo Management System is targeted for small to medium size organizations where database needs are not very high tech. Advance features of SQL Server are not required for application to run.
• With reference to section 2.1, most close versions for consideration should be SQL Server Express edition and SQL Server Workgroup Edition.
• SQL Server Express edition with advance features will be launching pad for PCMS ERP. As it is free and have all the features required to run PCMS.
• For Details about SQL Server Express edition with Advance features, see tables (2.2, 2.3).
• After starting along SQL Server Express edition with Advance features, down the roads, when database size exceeds 10 GB limit, we can propose clients to switch to SQL Server Workgroup edition.
• For detailed analysis of SQL Server Express edition with advance features, see section (3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6) in Red Color.
• For detailed analysis of SQL Server Workgroup edition, see sections (3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6) in Pink Color.
• Pricing for licenses shown in section 4.